Location: Upper Broughton
CARRIER LANDSCAPES LTD. Require a Nursery Manager
Carrier Landscapes Ltd require a Horticultural Nursery Site Manager to provide a professional and organized environment for landscaping teams to work from, in line with the expansion of the company.
The company has been established for over 30 years, based in the East Midlands and has an excellent reputation for quality, reliability and service.
The position will be based on a good negotiable salary for the right applicant.
An immediate start is required.
- Long term planning and implementation of Sulney Nursery Production and Expansion.
- Daily managing and running of Nursery, Staff Management, Work Allocation and Plant Husbandry
- Daily control of Landscape Company with order picking to ensure orders are complete and on time.
- Management and Organisation of Stock Controller to ensure Growmaster is used effectively.
- To ensure stock levels are maintained to the correct levels.
- To be professional at all times towards clients, staff and colleagues
- To run and organize Sulney Nursery and its staff (approx.8)
- To produce quality hardy nursery stock for use by carrier landscapes.
- To oversee the use of the Companies Growmaster `computer stock system` for stock control and orders
- To comply with the Company Directors requests
- To ensure Health and Safety is meet around the Nursey for Customers and employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Horticultural qualification an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Horticultural Works
- To have a good understanding of shrubs/trees and able to indemnify problems such as diseases, weeds and pests. Identify and control when needed the application of pesticides and fertilizers to plants
- To train staff in horticulture techniques
- To manage the work whole work area to observe and monitor work being carried out and what is required
- To assign work schedules and duties to staff and supervise the work
- Determine types and quantities of shrubs to be bought in/grown on based on what is regularly used.
- Regulate Irrigation Systems
- To inspect work areas for any damages and delegate necessary repair and maintenance work.
- To cut and prune trees/shrubs and flowers
- Communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Energetic, enthusiastic and positive attitude approach, with good timekeeping
- Full clean driving licence with trailer and or lorry capabilities (desirable)
- Effective Team player
Working Hours Monday-Friday 6:30am – 5.00pm overtime as required, which may include some Saturdays.
Good Rate of Pay. Including bonus scheme.
Interviews will take place September 2019. Start date October 2019
You will be required to start and finish work, at our own site, so ideally located within 30 mins drive away.
Please contact Julie Carrier for an application form. 01664 822722 or email juliecarrier@carrierlandscapes.